8th INTERNATIONAL YOGA DAY CELEBRATION
21st June 2022 was an eventful and magnificent morning for all the BGS and SJB group of institutions. BGS Global Institute of medical Sciences lead by the Dean and Principal, Dr M. E Mohan organized a mega event to celebrate the 8th International Yoga Day. Over 2500 participants from all BGS and SJB group of institutions, Bangalore performed yoga at the BGS & SJB Cricket ground.
Conducted by: BGS GIMS, Bangalore
Date: 21st June 2022
Time: 7:45am onwards
Venue: BGS & SJB Cricket Ground, BGS Health and Education city, Uttarhalli Road, Bangalore
The occasion was graced by:
- Jagadguru Sri Sri Sri Dr. Nirmalanandanatha Maha Swamiji, President of Sri Adichunchunagiri Shikshana Trust
- Reverend Sri Sri. Dr. Prakashnatha Swamiji, Managing Director, BGS and SJB Group of Institutions
- Sri Krishnappa M, MLA Vijayanagar constituency, a senior Congress member
- Dr. Ramesh MK, Honourable Vice- Chancellor, Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences
- Yogacharya Sri Karthik Patil, Founder SJS Yoga Institute
- Sri Jayaram N, IAS officer, BWSSB chairman
- Sri Lalith Kumar Jain, Pune
- Ms Roopika, Cine actress
- Ms Nishvika Naidu, Cine actress
The International Yoga Day celebration was inaugurated by lighting the lamp and offering floral tribute to His Divine Soul, Jagadguru Padmabhushana Sri Sri Sri Dr. Balagangadharanatha Maha Swamiji by Poojya guruji Sri Sri Sri Dr. Nirmalanandanatha Maha Swamiji, Reverend Sri Sri Prakashnatha Swamiji and our guests.
The Yoga session commenced with OM chanting. Yogacharya Karthik Patil guru, founder SJS Yoga Institute took us through the yoga session and Sri Sri Dr. Prakashnath Swamiji conducted the Pranayama session. The session concluded with the Aashirvachana and shloka chanting by Sri Sri Sri Dr Nirmalanadanatha Maha Swamiji. Volunteers from SJS Yoga Institute were felicititaed by Poojya Guruji Sri Sri Sri Dr. Nirmalanandanatha Maha Swamiji, Reverend Sri Sri Prakashnatha Swamiji for their contribution towards this grand event
To end the celebration of the dignitaries for the day, saplings were planted in the Cricket ground premises to commemorate the environmental awareness month.
The mega event was compered by Dr Crystal Dsouza, Department of Physiology, BGS GIMS Bangalore.