UG and PG FRESHERS’ DAY 2022
BGS GIMS, Bangalore, celebrated the UG and PG Fresher’s Day 2022 on 14th December, 2022 to welcome the MBBS (2022-23) batch of Undergraduates and 3rd batch of Postgraduates.
The programme was graced by the following dignitaries:
- Jagadguru Sri Sri Sri Dr.Nirmalanandanatha Swamiji , President of Sri Adichunchunagiri Shikshana Trust
- Sri Sri Dr. Prakashnatha Swamiji, Managing Director of the BGS and SJB group of Institutions.
- Shri Veeranna Somanna, Hon’ble Minister for Housing and Urban Affairs, Govt. of Karnataka.
- Shri Munirathna, Hon’ble Minister for Horticulture and Planning, Govt. of Karnataka.
- Dr. C. Ramachandra, Professor and HOD, Surgical Oncology, Ex-Director, Kidwai Memorial Institute of Oncology, Bengaluru
- Dr. N.K. Venkataramana, Senior Neurosurgeon, Brains Neuro Spine Centre, Bengaluru
- Dr. Bhagavan BC, Senate & Syndicate Member, RGUHS
- Sri Somashekhar, Trustee
- Dr. M. E. Mohan, Respected Dean cum Principal, BGSGIMS
- Dr. Srikanth Kulkarni, Respected Medical Superintendent, BGSGIMS
- Respected Principals, from our various sister institutions, trustees, members of the press and print media, faculty members, students, Freshers and PGs and their parents.
The programme began with an Introduction to the Fresher’s Day programme. This was followed by playing the Naadageethe. The Invocation Song was sung by Dr. Bhavana and Dr.Charitha. The programme was inaugurated by offering floral tribute to Maha Swamiji and lighting the ceremonial lamp. The students of BGS GIMS, welcomed their juniors with Welcome dance (Miss Feba and group, Dr. Sampreetha and group and Miss Kajal and group). The Freshers were introduced to the grand legacy of BGS, by playing an audio visual clip. Dr.M.E.Mohan, Dean cum Principal, BGSGIMS delivered the welcome address. This was followed by the Chief Guests and Guests of Honour addressing the new entrants. His Holiness Jagadguru Sri Sri Sri Dr. Nirmalanandanatha MahaSwamiji blessed the audience with his Ashirvachana. The programme concluded with Vote of Thanks and National Anthem.