In continuation to the order of Hon’ble Supreme Court to fight sexual harassment, violence against women and ragging and to provide a conducive environment in the campus of the BGSGIMS Medical College and Hospital, Bangalore a ‘Gender Harassment Committee’ is reconstituted with the following members.
|SN||Name||Designation||Contact no.||Email Id|
|1||Dr. M E Mohan, Dean||Chairmanemail@example.com|
|2||Dr Srikanth Kulkarni, Medical Superintendent||Memberfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|3||Dr. Kalpana L, Prof and Head, Dept of Pharmacology||Memberemail@example.com|
|4||Dr. Keerthish N, Prof. and Head, Dept of Psychiatry||Memberfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|5||Dr. Chetana C, Prof, Dept of Biochemistry||Memberemail@example.com|
|6||Dr. Sunitha Raghukumar, Associate Prof, Dept of General Surgery||Memberfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|7||Dr. Thej M J, Prof, Dept of Pathology||Memberemail@example.com|
|8||Mrs. Arathi Choudhary, HR Department.||Memberfirstname.lastname@example.org|
THE OBJECTIVES OF THE COMMITTEE ARE
- To prevent discrimination and sexual harassment against women, by promoting gender harmony among students and employees;
- To deal with cases of discrimination and sexual harassment against women, in a time bound manner, aiming at ensuring support services to the victimized and termination of the harassment;
- To recommend appropriate disciplinary action against the guilty party.
PROTOCOL FOR APPROACHING THE COMMITTEE
The Committee shall deal with issues relating to sexual harassment at the BGSGIMS Medical college& Hospital campuses. It is applicable to all students, staff and faculty. A complaint of discrimination or sexual harassment may be lodged by the victim or a third party. An online/written complaint may be addressed to the Chairman of the Committee. If the complaint is made to the Dean, Medical Superintendent or any of the Committee members, they may forward it to the Chairman of the Committee against Sexual Harassment. The committee under the leadership of chairman will do enquiry by issuing, internal enquiry order to the concerned persons and prepare the report with the recommendations. The enquiry report and action taken report will be sent to the concerned authority.
ACTS OF SEXUAL HARASSMENT:
It is defined that according to the Supreme Court Guideline Sexual harassment can be defined as “unwelcome” sexually determined behaviour (whether directly or by implication) as:
- Physical contact and advances;
- Demand or request for sexual favours;
- Sexually coloured remarks;
- Other unwelcome physical, verbal or non-verbal conduct of a sexual nature.