Skip to content
Achievements and Awards – Department of Community medicine
- Dr. Sathish Chandra M R – Won Junior Scientist Award- 3rd prize in the field of community nutrition for the oral presentation of the research work entitled “Global Positioning System – A new tool to measure the distribution of anemia and nutritional status of children (5-10 years) in a rural area, South India” at 2nd International Workshop on Micro-nutrients and Child Health held at All India.
- Dr. Veena V – Best Paper Award for presentation of the scientific paper entitled “Occupational hazards among the sewage treatment plant workers, Bangalore” in 45th National IAPSM conference & 19th Maharashtra State Joint Conference of IAPSM & IPHA – 2018.
- Dr. Veena V – Secured gold medal in the online certification course “Health Research Fundamentals” offered by National Institute of Epidemiology [NIE] and Indian Council of Medical Research [ICMR].
- Dr. Shruthi M N – Best oral presentation for the paper ‘‘A Comparative Study of Skeletal Fluorosis among Adults in Two Study Areas of Bangarpet Taluk, Kolar’ in the national conference of 45th Indian Association of Preventive and Social Medicine Conference and 19th Maharashtra State Joint Conference of IAPSM & IPHA – 2018 at Pune.
- Dr. Ashwini G S – Secured gold medal in the online certification course “Health Research Fundamentals” offered by National Institute of Epidemiology [NIE] and Indian Council of Medical Research [ICMR].
- Ms.Shanta Ashok Gamanagatti – Received GOLD MEDAL IN COMMUNITY MEDICINE for the year 2016-17 by the Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences, Bangalore.
- Ms.Shravani A and Ms Rachana S – Won 3rd prize at “SWASTHYA ESIC MC COM.MED QUIZ 2019”, the state level Intercollegiate Community Medicine Quiz on 8th April 2019.
- Mrs. Pooja K R – Won 3rd prize for Oral presentation at state level RNTCP conference held at JJM Medical College held on19th of May 2018.
- Dr AnanthaChaitanya J – Won 2nd prize for free Oral paper presentation in the 93rd National Annual Conference of IMA and 84th MEDICON – IMA Karnataka State Branch held between 28-29th December 2018.
- Dr Alankrit Jaiswal – Won 2ndprize for free Oral paper presentation in the 93rd National Annual Conference of IMA and 84th MEDICON – IMA Karnataka State Branch held between 28-29thDecember 2018.
- Mr. Anantha Chaithanya and Mr. Jeevan – Won first place at the state level RNTCP Quiz under the aegis of District TB Centre, Karnataka held on 23rd March 2018.
- Mr.Deepu, Mr.Rajath, Ms.Reethu, Mr.Siddharth, Mr.Rajappa, Mr.Sahan, Ms.Arpitha – Won first place in the TB video making competition on the eve of World Tuberculosis day 2017.
- Mr.Deepu, Ms Apoorva, Ms Reethu, Mr.Venkatesh Prasad, Mr Yashwanth, Mr Shivaraju – Won 2nd prize in Medical discipline in the short video contest ‘Slow Down Save Lives’ organized by RGIPG & CDC, RGUHS based on United Nations Theme 2017.
- Ms.Shanta Ashok Gamanagatti and Ms BrundaBallal – Won 2nd place at South India zonal level community medicine quiz on 17th November 2017.
- Mr. Manish J – Won 2ndprize at the state level E-poster competitions conducted on the occasion of World AIDS day 2016 organized by IAPSM at KACHCON-2016.