Skip to content
Research Publications Department of Community Medicine
Current year (2020) – 3 Publications
- Deepthi R, Masthi RN, Nirmala CJ, Manjula R, Vinothkumar S. Personal Protective Equipments (PPE) – Prerequisites, Rationale and Challenges during COVID 19 Pandemic. Indian J Comm Health. 2020;32(2-Special Issue):196-205
- Poornima MP, Shruthi MN, Chingale AL, Veena V, Nagaraja SB, Madhukeshwar AK. Cost of Tuberculosis Care in Programmatic Settings from Karnataka, India: Is It Catastrophic for the Patients?. Tuberculosis Research and Treatment. 2020 May 11;2020. [Funded Operational Research Project]
- Waseem Anjum,Narayana Swamy D M, Nagabhushan S R, Ahmedi Fathima, Naveed Abrar. Study on Socio Demographic Profile and Prevalence of Anaemia in Pregnant Women in Urban Slums of Tumkur City, Karnataka. National Journal of Research in Community Medicine Jan – Mar 2020, Vol 9, Issue 1
Year 2019 – 10 Publications
- Balachandra Giriappa, Jayashree S Seeri, Savita S Patil, Narayana Swamy D M. Self-care practices among type 2 diabetic patients in a tertiary care hospital in Bengaluru. Int J Med Sci Public Health 2019; 8(6):1-5
- Savita S. Patil, Jayashree S. Seeri, Narayana Swamy D M, Morbidity profile of the patients attending the health camp in Ramanagar district, Karnataka. Int J Community Med Public Health 2019;6(5).
- Savita S Patil, Jayashree S Seeri, Narayana Swamy DM. Perception of medical college faculty regarding their role as Undergraduate teachers. National Journal Community Med 2019;10(7):442–446
- Nirmala CJ, Prasad SD. Occupational hazards and public health concerns of migrant construction workers: an epidemiological study in southern India. Int J Community Med Public Health 2019; 6:818-22.
- Dharaneesh Prasad S, Narayana Swamy D M, NirmalaCJ, Jiby V Benny, Madhu Nisha, A study on awareness and practice regarding standard precautions of infection control and bio-medical waste management among nursing staffs of BGS global institute of medical sciences and hospital, Bengaluru: International Journal of Advanced Community Medicine 2019; 2(2): 112-120
- Veena V, Sathish Chandra MR, Anantha Chaitanya J, Alankrit Jaiswal and Jayashree S Seeri Internet addiction: Prevalence and Effect on health profile of engineering students in Bengaluru city, International Journal of Advanced Community Medicine 2019;2(3):105-110
- Shruthi MN,Meundi AD, Sushma D.Determinants of helmet use among health-care providers in urban India: Leveraging the theory of planned behaviour. J Edu Health Promot 2019;8:24.
- Ashwini G S, Bobby Joseph, B Ramakrishna Goud. Non communicable diseases and lifestyle disorders among laboratory personnel in a private tertiary care hospital in Bangalore, South India – a cross sectional study. Nat J Res Community Med 2019;8(1): 92-97.
- Ashwini Giduganahalli Srinivasappa,Arut Chezian, Maridas Tom Thomas, Praneet Raj Pathivada, Naveen Ramesh, Pretesh Rohan Kiran, Bobby Joseph, Domestic violence against women workers in selected tea estates of South India. International Journal of Medical Science and Public Health 2019;8(11):962-970
- Anurupa MS, Rashmi R, Shubha DB.To Know the Prevalence and Risk Factorsof Isolated Systolic Hypertension Among Adults Aged 30 Years and Above in Davangere Taluk. Natl J Community Med 2019; 10(5): 262-267.
Year 2018 – 14 Publications
- Jayashree S Seeri,Savita S Patil. Training of medical students in communication skills for health education. IJMSPH 7(8);2018
- Maruthi Yamanappa Haranal, Giridhar Kamalapurkar, Ravi Kalyani, balaji Srimurugan, Nirmala. C J .Post infraction left ventricular aneurysm- our experience ; Indian J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 2018;34(1);11-18
- Nirmala C J, Prasad Dharaneesh S, A study on addiction pattern among construction workers in a metropolitan city of southern India.RGUHS National Journal of Public Health, 2018; 3(1): 16-19
- Nirmala. C J ,Hemanth Thapsey, Lalitha Krishna, Shivaraj N S, Murthy N S , A study on the effect of Smokeless Tobacco on Oral cancer done in a tertiary care hospital of southern India ; International Journal of Medical Science And Public health 2018 ; 7 (2) : 143 – 46
- Nirmala. C .J, Hemanth T, Dharaneesh Prasad S, The role of alcohol in the etiology of oral Cancer : A study done in southern India; Indian journal of Public Health Research and Development. 2018;9(10):68-73.
- Hardanahalli RS, Veena V, Holla R, Annadani RR, Sathish Chandra MR. Clinical evaluation of purified chick embryo cell rabies vaccine administered intradermally in animal exposures. Int J Community Med Public Health Feb 2018;5:585-9.
- Veena V, Sathish Chandra MR, Shruthi MN, Shaima. “Junk food eating habits and obesity among Medical college personnel students in Bangalore: A Cross-sectional study”. Natl J Community Med Feb2018;9(2):100-105.
- Sunil RA, Bhavsar D, Shruthi MN, KunikullayaSU, Vyas RK, Parikh A, et al. Combined external beam radiotherapy and vaginal brachytherapy versus vaginal brachytherapy in stage-I, intermediate and high risk cases of carcinoma endometrium. J Contemp Brachytherapy. 2018 Apr; 10(2): 105–114.
- Sunil RA, Bhavsar D, Shruthi MN, Patel SS, Kunikullaya SU. Treatment Outcome in Extranodal NHL of different subsites in head and neck. Journal of evidence based medicine and health care 2018;5(29):2169 – 2173.
- Shruthi MN, Anil NS. A comparative study of dental fluorosis and non-skeletal manifestations of fluorosis in areas with different water fluoride concentrations in rural Kolar. J Family Med Prim Care 2018;7:1222-8.
- Deepthi R, Achal Shetty, Krishna Murthy S, Shruthi M N. Effectiveness of First Aid training: Engaging community stake holders in rural India. RGUHS National Journal of Public Health, 2018;3(1):20-5.
- Ashwini GS, Joseph B, Goud BR. A longitudinal study – Morbidity profile among clinical laboratory in a private tertiary care hospital in Bengaluru, South India. Int J Med Sci Public Health 2018;7(3):175-182.
- Rashmi Revanna, Shubha Davalgi, Narayana Swamy DM. Prevalence and risk factors of isolated systolic hypertension among the elderly population in Davangere, Karnataka.International Journal of Medical Science and Public Health, 2018;8(3):209-15.
- Masamatti SS, Vijaya C, Narayana Swamy DM. Role of Cytological Grading in Prognostication of Breast Carcinoma.Annals of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine 2018;5(5):424-8.
Year 2017 – 07 Publications
- Nirmala C J, Deepa L N, An epidemiological study of prevalence of hypertension and its risk factors in a rural community of South India; International Journal of Medical science and public health 2017; 6 (7): 1122- 27
- Nirmala. C J,Hemanth Thapsey Murthy N S, Oral cancer and Tobacco: a case control study in southern India; International Journal of Community Medicine and Public health 2017; 4 (12): 4706 -11
- Hardanahalli RS, Annadani R, Undi M, Vijayashanakar V, Banerjee R, Mandya RP. Economic costs of rabies post exposure prophylaxis Indian J Comm Health. 2017; 29, 2: 156-161.
- Hardanahalli RS, Srikanth J, Anandaiah G, Annadani R, Veena V, Banerjee R. Effectiveness of Health Education on Knowledge Regarding Prophylaxis against Rabies in School Children. Natl J Community Med 2017; 8(6):311-314.
- Ashwini GS, Ramesh N, Navya CJ, Joy J, Oommen AT, Singh J. Probable mental illnesses among tea plantation workers in Anaimalai, Tamil Nadu, South India. Int J Community Med Public Health . April 2017; Vol 4 (4): 982-6.
- Naveen Khargekar, Vandana Khargekar, Srivatsa H G, Nitin Khargekar. “Is it possible to reduce Cancer burden in India?” Journal of Medical Science and Clinical Research, april 2017; vol 5, issue 4, pg 19837-44.
- Prasad S R, Santhosh Ramakrishna, Ravi H Kudthni, Narayana Swamy D M. Pharmacovigilance – knowledge, attitude and practice among medical students in a teaching hospital of southern India. International Journal of Res. in Pharmacology & Pharmacotherapeutics Vol-6(3) 2017 [358-363].
Year 2016 – 14
- Savita S Patil, Dinesh Rajaram, Jayashree S Seeri. Correlates of Geriatric Health Problems in the Urban Elderly- A Community Based Study in Bangalore, Karnataka .Indian Journal of Public Health Research & Development, July-September 2016,7(3); 234-240.
- Kulkarni S, Rajesh BM, Ramachandra M, Sathish Chandra M. R, Dileep Ramesh Hoysalet al. Routine placement of drain in thyroid surgery: is there any scientific basis? J. Evolution Med. Dent. Sci. 2016;5(23):1218-1220, DOI: 10.14260/jemds/2016/284.
- Sharankumar Holyachi, Sathish Chandra M.R, Veena V.Family study series-Family study Pro-forma: Addendum-1. Annals of Community Health. Jun2016;4(2):17-21.
- Giriyanna Gowda, Sathish Chandra M R, Rekha S. Evaluation of Mass Drug Administration (MDA) for the Elimination of Lymphatic Filariasis in Dakshina Kannada District, Karnataka.(On Print- Indian Journal of Medical Sciences).
- Ravish HS, Rachana R Annadani, Madhusudana SN, Veena V, AshwathNarayana DH et al. Safety and immunogenicity of intradermal rabies vaccination for post exposure prophylaxis. International Journal of Community Medicine and Public Health Mar 2016;3(3):692-96.
- Lakshmi kantha BM, Naveen nS, RoopaKulkarni, Veena V. Regression equation for estimation of total humeral length using measurements of its proximal segments among Indian population. National Journal of Clinical Anatomy 2016;5(1):15-21.
- Shruthi MN, Santhuram AN, Arun HS, Kishore Kumar BN. A comparative study of skeletal fluorosis among adults in two study areas of Bangarpettaluk, Kolar. Indian J Public Health 2016;60:203-9.
- Latha K, Shruthi MN, Mahesh V. Anaemia in pregnant mothers attending antenatal clinic at primary health centre, Devarayasamudra, Kolar, Karnataka, India. Int J Community Med Public Health. 2016 Sep;3(9):2397-402.
- Krishnamurthy L, Ranganath BG, Shruthi MN, Venkatesha V.National Journal of Community Medicine 2016;7(9):754-58
- Shubha D, Rashmi R, Nagarajachari. Determinants of Post-partum contraception practices in urban slums of central Karnataka, India. Indian journal of community health. 2016;vol.28:280-285.
- Naveen Khargekar, Vandana Khargekar, Poonam Shingade. “A cross-sectional study to assess the protein energy malnutrition in children between one to five years of age in a tribal area Parol, Thane district.” International Journal of Community Medicine and Public Health.jan 2016, vol 3, issue 1;pg 112 – 120.
- Poonam Prakash Shingade, Naveen Khargekar, Vandana Khargekar. “A hospital-based study on association between reproductive tract infections and abortions” Int J Med Sci Public Health. 2016; 5(8).
- Vandana Khargekar, Naveen Khargekar. “Clinico-social profile of mothers with pregnancy induced hypertension (PIH) admitted to hospitals attached to JJM Medical College, Davangere, Karnataka.” Indian Journal of Public Health Research & Development, april – june 2016; vol 7. Issue 2, pg 140- 145.
- Sunil Kumar DR, Kotresh, Prabhudeva, Narayanaswamy, Bharatesh Shetty, Reynold Washington. A study on Syphilis screening in Karnataka. Indian Journal of Forensic and Community Medicine, July-September 2016;3(3):176-179.
Year 2015 – 18 Publications
- Patil Savita S, Rajaram DR, Nandakumar BS, Seeri J S. Correlation of Waist Hip Ratio and BMI with Hyperten-sion and Diabetes Mellitus in an Urban Area of Bangalore City. Natl J Community Med. 2015; 6(1):82-5.
- Nirmala C J,Assessment of Functional Status among the Elderly in Rural Kaiwara of Southern India. Indian Journal of Public Health Research and Development. 2015; 6(1):153-57.
- Nirmala C J, Hemanth T, Henjarappa K S. A Study of Oral Cancers and Some Epidemiological factors in patients attending tertiary care hospital. Indian Journal of Public Health Research and Development. 2015; 6(2):237-42.
- Parasuramalu B G , Sathish Chandra M R, Huliraj N, GiriyannaGowda, Gangaboraiah. Randomized, Open Label, Active Controlled Study to assess and compare Health Related Quality Of Life with Mometasone&Formoterol Versus Fluticasone &Formoterol dry powder inhaler in mild to moderate persistent asthma. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical & Clinical Research2015; 8(4):296-8.
- Nalina N, Sathish Chandra M R,Umashankar. Assessment of quality of life in bronchial asthmapatients. Int J Med Public Health 2015; 5:93-7.
- Parasuramalu B G, Sathish Chandra M R, Huliraj N, Gowda G, Gangaboraiah. Randomized, Open Label, Active Controlled comparative study to assess Safety, Efficacy of Mometasone&Formoterol versus Fluticasone &Formoterol dry powder inhaler in treatment of Mild to Moderate Persistent Asthma. Ntl J of Community Med 2015; 6(2):130-136.
- Bharathkumar VD, Monika N, Kalpana L, Veena RM, Sathish Chandra MR. Assessment of awareness about antibiotic resistance among first year medical undergraduates in a medical college. International Journal of Pharmacology Research 2015; 5(5): 239-42.
- Ravish HS, Rachana R Annadani, Veena V, AshwathNarayana DH. Compliance to Anti-rabies Vaccination in Post-exposure Prophylaxis. Indian J Public Health Jan-Mar 2015;59(1):58-60.
- Navya CJ, Naveen R, Ashwini G S, Manu Abraham, Steve Joys, Pretesh R K, Bobby Joseph; Adherence to medication among patients with hypertension and diabetes mellitus in selected tea estates in South India. Journal of International Medical Sciences Academy. Jan-March 2015; Vol 28(1):16-17.
- Ashwini G S, Naveen R, Navya C J, Joy J, Thomas A, Jyoti S. Mental health status of workers in selected tea estates, Tamil Nadu, India. Int J Occup Saf Health. 2015; 5(2): 23– 27.
- Vandana Khargekar, Mahabalaraju DK. “Impact of lifestyle on obesity among medical students of J.J.M. Medical College, Davangere”. International Journal of Medical and Applied Sciences. Jan – Mar 2015, volume 4, issue 1; Pg 119 – 135.
- Vandana Khargekar, Sarvamangala K. “A study on the prevalence of sexually transmitted infections, the health care seeking behavior and the barriers for the treatment of sexually transmitted infections in the urban slums of Davangere.” International Journal of Medical Science and Public Health.2015, Vol 4, Issue 6; pg 823 – 828.
- Vandana Khargekar, Geethalakshmi RG. A study on the awareness regarding IYCF practices among Anganwadi workers attending Anganwadi training centre, Davangere. Indian Journal of Public Health Research & Development. volume 6, number 1, January – March 2015, pg 174 – 78.
- Vandana Khargekar, Geethalakshmi RG.“Awareness about Emergency Contraceptive Pills Versus Conventional Contraceptive Methods among Mothers Attending Maternal and Child Health (MCH) Clinic, Bapuji Hospital, Davangere, Karnataka”. Journal of Evolution of Medical and Dental Sciences 2015; Vol.4, Issue15, February19; Page:2471-2480.
- Naveen Khargekar, Vandana Khargekar, Poonam Shingade, Vikrant Pagar. “Knowledge About Emergency Contraceptive Pills Versus Conventional Contraceptive Methods Among Married Females Attending Shivaji Nagar Urban Health Centre, Govandi, Mumbai.” Paripex – Indian journal of research 2015; vol 4, issue 6, 12 – 14.
- Naveen Khargekar, Vandana Khargekar, Poonam Shingade. “Immunization status of children under 5 years in a tribal area, Parol, Thane district” National Journal of Community Medicine, oct-dec 2015; vol 6. Issue 4, pg 522 – 527.
- Gowda VG, Kulkarni Sridevi, Madhusudan M, Kumar R. Awareness regarding dengue fever among the link workers of urban health centers of Bangalore city, South India. Asian Pac J Trop Dis 2015; 5(Suppl 1): S42- S44.
- Jayanthi Srikanth, Sridevi Kulkarni. Hypertension in elderly:Prevalence and health care seeking pattern in an urban slum of Bangalore city. International Journal of Recent Scientific Research, vol 6(2)2015.
Year 2014 – 13 Publications
- Imran M, Subramanian M, Subrahmanyam G, Seeri JS, Pradeep C, Jayan M. Positive Deviance Approach and Supplementary Nutrition Status of 2-6 year Children in Rural Bangalore” National Journal of Community Medicine 2014;5(1):109-13.
- Wilma Delphine Silvia CR, Jayashree Shankarappa Seeri, Vasudeva Devanahalli Siddappa, Evaluation of general health condition, stress and depression among first year medical students. Journal of Contemporary Medical Education. 2014;2(1):37-41
- Deepa L N, Nirmala C J. Utilization of Maternal services provided in RCH program by Women in Bangalore Urban District. Indian Journal of Public Health Research and Development. 2014;5(4):172-8.
- Sathish Chandra M.R, Veena V. Perspectives: Social Security measures in India. Annals of Community Health. 2nd issue of Vol 2. 2014: 49-53.
- SharankumarHolyachi,Sathish Chandra M.R, Veena V.Family study Pro-forma. Annals of Community Health Apr-Jun 2014;2(2):63-70.
- Sathish Chandra MR, AshwathNarayana DH, Manjunath M. A Study on Clinical Features and Cost Incurred by DengueSyndrome patients admitted to Tertiary Referral Hospital, NatlJ Community Med 2014:5(3);293-5.
- Ramesh Masthi NR, Sathish Chandra MR, MalateshUndi. Global Positioning System – A new tool to measure the distribution of anaemia and nutritional status of children (5-10years) in a rural area, South India. Indian J Comm Med 2014;26 (1)79-85.
- Jahnavi R, Veena V, Parasuramalu BG, Sathish Chandra MR. Mother and child tracking in a Primary Health Centre. J of Evidence Based Med &Hlthcare December 2014;1(13):1697-1702.
- K.C. Lakshmaiah, B. Guruprasad, K.N. Lokesh, V.S. Veena V. Cancer notification in India. South Asian Journal of Cancer January-March 2014;3(1):9-12.
- Ravish HS, Sudarshan MK, , Madhusudana SN, Rachana R Annadani, AshwathNarayana DH, Ashwin Y Belludi, GangaboraiahAnandaiah, VeenaVijayashankar. Assessing safety and Immunogenicity of post-exposure prophylaxis following interchangeability of rabies vaccines in Humans. Human Vaccines &Immunotherapeutics May 2014;10(5):1354-8.
- Ravish HS, Veena V, Madhusudana SN, Sudarshan MK, AshwathNarayana DH, Gangaboraiah B et al. Safety and Immunogenicity of purified chick embryo cell rabies vaccine (VaxiRab N) administered intradermally as post exposure prophylaxis. Human Vaccines &Immunotherapeutics August 2014;10(8):1–5.
- Veena V, Ramesh Holla, Parasuramalu BG, Balaji R. Unmet need for family planning: A challenge to public health. Natl J Community Med Oct-Dec 2014; 5(4):401-5.
- Jahnavi R, Veena V, Parasuramalu BG, Sathish Chandra MR. Mother and child tracking in a Primary Health Centre. J of Evidence Based Med &Healthcare December 2014;1(13):1697-1702.
Year 2013 – 07 Publications
- Seeri JS, Maheshwaran R. “Knowledge and attitude of rural college students regarding contraception”. Journal of Evolution of Medical and Dental Sciences 2013; Vol. 2, Issue 45, November 11; Page: 8736-9.
- Maheshwaran R, Seeri JS, Narshima Murthy N. “A study on growth status of high school children in rural south India”. Journal of Evolution of Medical and Dental Sciences 2013; Vol. 2, Issue 45, November 11; Page: 8740-4.
- Sathish Chandra M.R. Health outcomes, education, healthcare delivery and quality – 3057. Randomized, double blind comparative study to assess safety, efficacy with Mometasone&formoterol versus fluticasone &formoterol dry powder inhaler (DPI) in the treatment of mild to moderate persistent asthma. World Allergy Organization Journal 2013 6(Suppl 1):P225.
- Ravish HS, Gangaboraiah B, AshwathNarayana DH, Rachana A, Veena V.Knowledge, attitude, and practice of rabies prophylaxis among physicians at Indian animal bite clinics. Asian Biomedicine April 2013;7(2):237-242.
- Ravish HS, RachanaA, Veena V,MalateshUndi. Medical termination of pregnancy and subsequent adoption of contraception.Int J ReprodContraceptObstetGynecol 2013 Sep;2(3):367-371.
- Ravish HS, Jayanthi S, AshwathNarayana DH, Rachana A, Veena V, MalateshUndi. Pre-exposure prophylaxis against rabies in children.Safety of purified chick embryo cell rabies vaccine (Vaxirab N) when administered by intradermal route. Human Vaccines & Immunotherapeutics Sep2013;9(9):1910-13
- Shruthi MN, Santhuram AN. Prevalence of dental fluorosis in school children of Bangarpettaluk, Kolar district. J OrofacSci 2013;5:105-8.