Skip to content
Ongoing Research Activities Department of Pharmacology
- Therapeutic potential of phytochemicals isolated from Simarouba glauca in inhibiting the TGF-β and Wnt/β- Catenin pathways leading to epithelial mesenchymal transition in oral submucous fibrosis.- Dr Veena RM. RGUHS funded project-Ongoing.
- Knowledge attitude and practice of pharmacovigilance among nursing staff in BGS GIMS hospital- Dr Kalpana L. Nonfunded, Completed.
- Knowledge and perception of pharmacovigilance among final year students in nursing college- Dr Kalpana L Nonfunded, Completed.
- A randomized double blind, placebo-controlled, randomized, crossover study to evaluate the effectiveness, safety and tolerability of turcuron (standardized extract from Curcuma longa) in reducing alcohol induced hangover symptoms in adult male social drinkers- Dr Veena RM. Nonfunded Clinical Trial –CTRI registered- Completed.
- A randomized, placebo-controlled, parallel-group clinical study to evaluate the efficacy and safety of ITC-SLB on sleep quality in healthy subjects having sleep distrubances.- Dr Veena RM. Nonfunded Clinical Trial –CTRI registered- Completed.
- Knowledge, attitude and practices on medication error reporting among nursing professionals in a tertiary care hospital – Dr. Lavanya SH. Non-funded (on-going).
- Evaluating awareness, perceptions & practices on medication errors in general public for achieving medication safety. A questionnaire-based survey hospital – Dr. Lavanya SH. Non-funded (on-going).
- Drug Narratives as an educational tool in facilitating concept retention in Pharmacology. An interventional study Hospital – Dr. Lavanya SH. Non-funded (completed).
- Knowledge, attitude and practice regarding pharmaceutical drug advertisements among educated urban population in Bengaluru. Dr. Bharath Kumar V D Ongoing.
- Perception of generic drugs among medical students and interns: Cross sectional study. Dr. Manasa C R Ongoing.
- Changing trends in pharmacology teaching during COVID pandemic; how effective are the virtual classrooms? Dr. Manasa C R. Ongoing.