Skip to content
Research Publications Department of Pharmacology
Year 2021 – 3 Publication
- Veena R. M, Kalpana L, Lavanya S. H, Kumar V. D. B, Manasa C. R. Knowledge, Attitude and Practice of Pharmacovigilance Among Nursing Staff in BGS GIMS Hospital. Biomed Pharmacol J 2021;14(1).
- Lavanya SH, Kalpana L. Drug Narratives As An Educational Tool In Facilitating Concept Retention In Pharmacology- An Interventional Study. International Journal of Pharmacology & Toxicology2021;11(2): 46-51
- Manasa C. R.*, Kalpana L., Veena R. M., Lavanya S. H., Bharath Kumar V. D; Changing trends in Pharmacology teaching during pandemic; How effective are the virtual classrooms??; International Journal of Pharmacology and Toxicology; March 2021
Year 2020 – 2 Publication
- Lavanya SH, Kalpana L. The short and long-term impact of educational intervention on pharmacovigilance awareness in second-year MBBS students: A questionnaire-based survey. Int J Basic Clin Pharmacol 2020; 9:590-4.
- Manasa C. R.*, Kalpana L., Veena R. M.; Generic drugs: a study on awareness among medical students and interns; Int J Basic Clin Pharmacol. 2020 Dec; 9(12):1877-1882
Year 2019 –2 Publications
- Manasa CR., Kalpana L., Veena R. M., Lavanya S. H., Bharath Kumar V. D. Assessment on awareness of rational prescribing practices among medical interns in a tertiary care hospital: a questionnaire based study. IJBCP.2019;8(5):1096-1101
- Manasa CR, Kalpana L, Veena R M. A study on student’s perception on various teaching methods in pharmacology: cross sectional study. IJPR 2019;9(1):1-5
Year 2018 – 6 Publications
- Dr Veena RM, Dr Sumathy TK, Dr Cuckoo Aiyappa. Coal tar combined with anthralin in short contact therapy in mild to moderate psoriasis reduces perilesional irritation. IJPR.2018; 8(1):1-4
- Kalpana L., Veena RM., Lavanya SH, Bharath Kumar V. D. Manasa C R. Effectiveness of Interactive Seminars in II MBBS students. IJPR. 2018;8(1):22-25.
- Lavanya SH, Kalpana L. Mannequin-based simulation as an educational tool for learning injection techniques: medical students’ view points. Int J Basic Clin Pharmacol 2018;7(5):882-887.
- Manasa C R, Balachandra G, Kalpana L, Veena R M, Bharath Kumar V D. Effect Of Amlodipine And Cilnidipine On Heart Rate, Blood Pressure, Albuminuria And Lipid Profile In Stage I Hypertension. IJPR. 2018;8(01):11-33.
- Bharath kumar VD, Kalpana L. A comparative study to assess the awareness of antibiotic resistance amongst first and second year medical undergraduate students in a medical college. Int J Basic Clin Pharmacol 2018 7(8); 1567-1571.
- Kalpana L, Veena RM, Lavanya SH, Bharath Kumar VD, Manasa CR. Interactive Seminars as a Small Group Teaching – A Learning Method In Pharmacology: Evidence Of Effectiveness Of A Modified Format .IJPR 2018; 8(1):22-24
Year 2017 – 1 Publication
- Manasa C.R, Kalpana L, Veena R M and Bharath Kumar V D. Influence of Pharmacology on Knowledge, Attitude and Practice of Self medication in 2nd year medical students: Observational questionnaire based study. IJPR. 2017;7(08):160-164.
Year 2016 – 4
- Lavanya SH, Kalpana L,Veena RM, Bharath kumar VD. Role-play as an educational tool in medication communication skills. Students’ perspectives. Indian J Pharmacol 2016; 48:S33-6.
- Lavanya SH, Kalpana L,Veena RM, Bharath kumar VD. Transition in pharmacology from theoretical knowledge of medicines to practice-oriented approach. Do role-plays help? Int J Basic Clin Pharmacol 2016; 5(4):1528-32.
- Bharath kumar VD, Jayanthi CR, Sushma M. A comparative study to assess tolerability among patients with or without synbiotic supplementation in H. pylori eradication regimen. wjpmr, 2016, 2(2), 42-45.
- Bharath Kumar VD, Jayanthi CR, Sushma M. A comparative study of probiotic, prokinetic based triple therapy with USFDA regimen in the eradication of H.pylori in a tertiary care hospital. International Journal of Basic and Clinical Pharmacology. Jan 2016; 5(1):173-179.
Year 2015 -5
- Veena RM , Kalpana L, Lavanya SH, Bharat Kumar VD, Manasa CR. Impact Of Using Computer Assisted Learning In II MBBS Pharmacology Teaching – Perceptions Of Students In A Medical College. Journal of Evolution of Medical and Dental Sciences 2015; 4(87): 15209-15214
- Mohan ME, Lavanya SH, Kalpana L, Veena RM. Learning injection Techniques with simulators: Medical students’ Perspectives. Int J Med Health Sci. July 2015; 4 (3): 332-336.
- Pradeep kumar BT, Bharath kumar VD , Mamatha KR. Assessment of impact of an educational intervention on the awareness about pharmacovigilance among health care professionals in a tertiary care centre . International Journal of Pharmacology Research, 2015 ;5(5): 252-255.
- Bharath Kumar VD, Monika N, Kalpana.L, Veena RM and Sathish Chandra MR. Assessment of awareness about antibiotic resistance among first year medical undergraduates in a medical college. International Journal of Pharmacology Research, 2015; 5(5): 239-242.
- Veena RM, Satheesh BC , Sumathy. To evaluate the efficacy of anthralin with and without coaltar in short contact therapy of mild to moderate psoriasis- a randomized double blind controlled study. Int J Cur Res Rev .2015; 7(4):68-71